The Maltings Theatre & Cinema is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for XHTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant XHTML/CSS code meaning any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Whilst The Maltings Theatre & Cinema strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing The Maltings Theatre & Cinema website, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Maltings strives to be accessible to all. If you have any needs that are not addressed, please contact our Front of House Manager so that we can consider how to make your visit more enjoyable.
- Disabled parking spaces in the Eastern Lane car park in front of the theatre
- Ramped access
- Power assisted doors
- Adapted toilet on Floor -3
- Wheelchair spaces in Main House Theatre (book in advance through the Box Office)
- Infrared Hearing Support System in Main House Theatre (request headset at Box Office)
- Centre handrails in Henry Travers Studio
- Guide dogs are welcome
- Large print format of our seasonal brochure
- Accessible Cinema (see below)
In addition to the above access features, The Maltings Theatre & Cinema presents the following periodic film screenings:
- HOH English (S)ubtitled Screenings for people with hearing loss
- Autism Friendly Film Screenings offer a sympathetic sensory experience for people on the autism spectrum: lighting left on low; softer volume; no trailers or adverts; okay to make noise and move about (no running); bar available as a “chill-out space”; patrons on a special diet can bring their own food.
- CEA Card - As a proud member of the Cinema Exhibitors’ Association, we accept the CEA Card which enables a registered disabled person to obtain a free CINEMA ticket for a carer to accompany them to a film. To join the scheme, the registered disabled person (NOT the carer) must apply in advance directly with the CEA (NOT from The Maltings). Full details, application and guidance at ceacard.co.uk.
Baby Changing & Breastfeeding
• A lift-accessible baby change is located on Floor -3.
• The Maltings supports the rights of women to discreetly breastfeed in all public areas of the premises. The venue’s Breastfeeding Policy can be viewed by clicking here or at the Box Office.