The Maltings strives to be accessible to all. If you have any needs that are not addressed, please contact our Front of House Manager so that we can consider how to make your visit more enjoyable.
- Disabled parking spaces are available in the public car park in front of the theatre.
- Level and ramped access is located at the far-left of the front entrance.
- We have power assisted doors at the entrance.
- The lift is located in the foyer with access to Floors -1, -2, -3 & -4.
- The adapted toilet is located on Floor -3.
- Wheelchair spaces for registered disabled and companion can be booked through the Box Office.
- An Infrared Hearing Support System is available in both the Main House Theatre and Henry Travers Studio (request headset at Box Office).
- Centre handrails in Henry Travers Studio.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- A large print format of this seasonal brochure is available upon request from the Box Office.
In addition to the above access features, The Maltings Theatre & Cinema presents the following periodic film screenings:
BABY CHANGING FACILITIES & BREASTFEEDING
Lift-accessible baby change is located on Floor -3. The Maltings supports the rights of women to discreetly breastfeed in all public areas of the premises.
- HOH English (S)ubtitled Screenings for people with hearing loss
- Autism Friendly Film Screenings offer a sympathetic sensory experience for people on the autism spectrum: lighting left on low; softer volume; no trailers or adverts; okay to make noise and move about (no running); bar available as a “chill-out space”; patrons on a special diet can bring their own food.
- CEA Card - As a proud member of the Cinema Exhibitors’ Association, we accept the CEA Card which enables a registered disabled person to obtain a free CINEMA ticket for a carer to accompany them to a film. To join the scheme, the registered disabled person (NOT the carer) must apply in advance directly with the CEA (NOT from The Maltings). Full details, application and guidance at ceacard.co.uk.